Moto Compact Folding Scooter
Moto Compact Folding Scooter
4Est. Time (hrs)
- Sophisticated miniature: The Moto Compact Folding Scooter is a UGears two-wheeled DIY building kit and motorcycle model for adults. This motorbike toy is driven by a spring-loaded engine and is able to travel 2 m (six feet) on a single wind-up. It features front and rear suspension and a complex folding mechanism for safe and easy transport
- Easy assembly: Everything you need comes in the box, including spare parts and clear instructions. Just take your time, complete each step, and test as you go. Your mechanical model will come to life with greater ease than you ever imagined
- Worthwhile: It will take about 4 hours to put together this wooden puzzle set. Regardless of their complexity, assembling any of the expertly crafted UGears 3D puzzles for kids and model kits to build for adults is always a challenging but absolutely rewarding experience
- Celebrate: Invite your biker buddies for some racing fun. Start the scooter and watch it zoom off. This motorcycle puzzle can follow a straight course or can turn left or right. You can fold this motorbike model and slip it into your pocket or let it rest on its kickstand
- Excellent gift: The Moto Compact Folding Scooter will delight hobbyists and bikers, families, and friends. Build your own motorcycle kit and take your first joyride right away
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 192 parts
- Assembly time: 4 hours
- Model size Open 145×62×110mm
- Model size Closed 130x55x80mm
MOTO COMPACT Folding Scooter – the new mechanical model by Ugears
The Moto Compact folding scooter from Ugears is a clever, spring-driven addition to our family of two-wheeled DIY wooden models. For many youth, a motor scooter is their first form of motorized transport. It represents freedom, mobility, a fun way to get to school, activities, a first job. It's a ticket to explore the world beyond the neighborhood where you grew up. Capture that feeling of youthful freedom when you build this smart little folding scooter.
Motorized scooters took off in popularity when Audrey Hepburn took a ride through Rome on Gregory Peck's iconic Vespa ("wasp" in Italian) scooter in the 1952 film "Roman Holiday." Though mostly a novelty in car crazy North America, motor scooters remain an important form of transport in many parts of the world, especially Europe, Asia, and Latin American.
The Moto Compact folding scooter 3D puzzle packs quite a bit of power for its size. The wooden model scooter is driven by a spring-loaded engine, and is able to travel 2 m (six feet) on a single wind-up. The handle bars can be placed in one of three positions to send your Moto on a straight course, or curving to the left or right. Because this is a Ugears model, and because we delight in packing as much mechanical action as we can into our wooden DIY models, the Moto Compact comes loaded with great features, including front and rear suspension, and sophisticated folding capability for safe and easy transport.
To fold up your Moto Compact, grip the front and rear sections of the bike and push them together, which also collapses the handle bars to their tucked-away position. The folded scooter can now be slipped into a pocket and carried, or it can rest on its kickstand, which flips down from the left side of the body.
To start your scooter, grip and pull the front and rear sections slightly apart, which raises the handlebars. Press the driver's seat down to engage the "stop" mechanism. You can now wind the motor using the ratchet knob on the bike's right side. Raise the kickstand and lower the small guide wheels underneath for balance. Set the bike on the floor or other smooth surface, then hold it gently while pressing down on the passenger seat at the back, which serves as the "start" button. This pops the driver's seat up and engages the main gear—let go quickly and watch your scooter zoom off! After the scooter has stopped, if you want to start it again just repeat the cycle.
The Moto Compact folding scooter will appeal to anyone who loves two-wheeled transport: bikes, scooters, motorbikes and motor scooters. It joins the Ugears Bike (a classic cruiser) and the Scrambler (a dual-sport motorbike) in our family of DIY wooden motorbike models. Are there any kids (or grownup kids) who love bikes in your circle of family and friends? The Moto Compact folding scooter will make a great gift idea for their next birthday or holiday. The Ugears Moto Compact has 192 parts, is rated "Medium" difficulty, and is a fun, moderately challenging DIY project for hobbyists or for families to work on together.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.