6Est. Time (hrs)
- Breathtaking dragon puzzle: Meet the magnificent Windstorm Dragon, the latest mechanical model and 3D wooden puzzle from UGears. It's a fantastic addition to our automaton DIY kits for adults
- Open design: Like other UGears 3D puzzles for adults and kids, the dragon model kit exposes its beating rubber band-powered mechanical heart so you can explore the mysteries of mechanics
- Dragon craft with a unique feature: The bones of the wings are made of wood, but the feathers are beautifully designed from paper cutouts. Wind the key, and the entire body of this gorgeous mythical reptile will start moving
- Everything is in the box: No extra tools or glue are needed to assemble UGears wood cut puzzles and model building kits. These engineering toys will challenge your wits and skills while keeping you engaged and inspired
- Memorable gift: Solve the mechanical mystery of an ancient beast and become a Dragon Master with UGears model kits for adults and kids. Get your Windstorm Dragon puzzle today
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 320 parts
- Assembly time: 6 hours
- Model size 530x485x290mm
Windstorm Dragon – wooden mechanical 3D puzzle from Ugears
Welcome to the dwelling of a wise and cunning beast guarding countless treasures he will only reveal to the one bold enough to face his mechanical magic! Behold – the magnificent Windstorm Dragon of the Ugears’ automatons collection is here to challenge your wits and skills in your next mechanical models adventure.
The Windstorm Dragon is a classic mythical reptilian, the embodiment of ancient might and power, presented in wood and animated by the wizardry of Ugears engineers.
Wooden DIY 3D puzzle Windstorm Dragon has an open-style design that allows you to see its mechanical heart – rubber-band motor – beating. The model has a winding key in the frontal part of its chest. To wind it up, hold the dragon by its body and rotate the key clockwise. Release the motor by pulling the start lever. This is when the magic begins: the arms, legs and even the whole body of the Dragon will start to move. And of course, the amazing pair of strong and beautiful wings will be set in motion. This is your Ugears Dragon’s very special feature: the bones of the wings are made of wood, but the rest is beautifully designed feathery paper cutouts. Softer and flexible material makes the flight look very realistic and leaves room for your own ideas.
The model can be set on a special support or hung on twine. It will look equally fascinating with its laser engraved scales and spiky tail. It’s a perfect gift for your family and friends.
Like all Ugears models, this automaton is made of high-grade wooden materials and comes with everything you need in the box. Solve the mechanical mystery of an ancient beast and become a Dragon Master with Windstorm Dragon Ugears model kit!
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.