10Est. Time (hrs)
- FASCINATING WOODEN PUZZLE: Our research vessel is an excellent model of large, modern icebreakers and survey ships. You will be blown away by the complexity and astonishing design of NEW UGears 3D wooden puzzle for adults and building kit for kids.
- QUALITY LEISURE TIME: Become the engineer in chief, the top explorer and the captain of this incredible ship model. Just like other UGears DIY kits for adults and 3D puzzles for kids, this wooden puzzle set is an engaging and inspiring hands-on experience. No glue or extra tools are required. Assemble this model ship on your own or in company with friends or family.
- PURE MECHANICS: Once assembled, all our construction kits for adults operate with rubber-band motors, so no batteries are required. The research vessel mechanical model has a unique design that allows you to look into the hold and engine room and see what makes her move. The model has three movement modes you can switch among manually: forward, turning, and automatic.
- COLLECTABLE DÉCOR: This magnificent wooden puzzle turns into an impressive decorative element for any home or office. Be the proud builder and owner of sophisticated UGears construction kits.
- ORIGINAL GIFT: Boat model building is not only challenging, but it's also extremely rewarding. Give your loved ones the opportunity to handcraft this mechanical masterpiece. Order your UGears research vessel building toy NOW!
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 575 parts
- Assembly time: 10 hours
- Model size Open 385x235x250mm
- Model size Closed 385x110x250mm
Ugears wooden self-propelled 3D puzzle for adults Research Vessel
Time to weigh anchor and go full speed ahead towards new discoveries with Ugears nautical model, the Research Vessel.
Inspired by classic scientific documentaries and biographies of outstanding marine explorers, the Research Vessel is the incarnate might and beauty of large modern icebreakers and survey boats.
Your new boat has all you need to implement proper research: a bathyscaphe for deep-sea exploration, a small motor-boat and a life boat, drop ramp, opening hold hatch, and other fun and interesting elements you find in real-life vessels. The model is equipped with a swing jib crane to manage cargo and hoist out the bathyscaphe. Use the crane to pull the bathyscaphe out of the depths and secure it on a special extension platform.
All details of the Research Vessel are made of high-grade wood that need no glue or additional instruments to assemble. The “skeleton” design of the Vessel’s body allows you to look into the hold and engine room and see what makes her move. The energy driving the model is produced by a rubber-band motor and managed by a pendulum. A clever gear arrangement in this block imitates the sound of a diesel engine and provides a smooth and steady pace of the Vessel. The model has three movement modes – forward, turn, and automatic manoeuvring. The modes are controlled with a lever you can switch manually.
Feel the salty wind sailing you towards future discoveries with the Research Vessel from Ugears!
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.