7Est. Time (hrs)
- Childhood Flavour: Our new Jigsaw Puzzle, wooden construction kit will revive your childhood memories: the classic merry-go-round model with horses that rock up and down while the model spins around.
- You Are the Engineer in Charge: Use DIY UGears model kits for adults to build impressive self-assembling, moving structures. Children and adults alike will find their construction inspiring and completely absorbing.No glue or extra tools required.
- Pure Mechanics: Once assembled, the Carousel mechanical puzzle is powered up by a rubber band motor. Simply wind up the key to start the Roundabout 3D puzzle for kids. Or rotate it manually to examine every detail in slow motion for a full comprehension of how the mechanism works.
- Exquisite Looks: Made of sustainable high grade wooden materials, UGears science model kits will adorn any home or office. Make this refined wooden puzzle 3D Carousel yours!
- Marvelous Gift Idea: UGears building kits for adults and 3D puzzles for children can help your loved ones get a reprieve from daily stress and enjoy a few hours of carefree magic. The carousel is made to inspire and spark joy.
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 300 parts
- Assembly time: 7 hours
- Model size 210x210x260mm
3D puzzle Carousel – wooden mechanical marvel from Ugears
Round and round and back to where it's all begun… Take a trip to your childhood memories with Ugears beautiful nostalgic model, the Carousel.
This outstanding model is a Ugears look at the classic merry-go-round implemented in top-quality wood, the familiar and beloved fairground ride is presented with highly-detailed design. Here you will find two types of carousel horses that rock up and down as the model spins. The core of the model is a center pole that rotates in a direction opposite to the main platform making it look as if the carousel spins faster than it really does and creates the fascinating dynamics of the whole construction. The pole rises over the roof making it visually more delicate and at the same time giving it more volume. Add little birds soaring over the roof of the carousel along with decorative flying lanterns and you may just sense the aroma of hot dogs and cotton candy!
As for the technical aspects, the Ugears Carousel is based on the same principle as most Ugears self-propelled models: all parts of the puzzle are joined without glue or additional tools and the motion energy is provided by a rubber band motor. The Carousel has a wind-up key under its base that provides tension to the rubber bands attached to the main axle. The pendulum gears down the axle and makes the movement of the modules and details smoother. The main axle is connected to the central pole via the planetary gear that ensures that it rotates in the direction opposite to the main platform. The roof is also attached to the main axle and crankshafts that make the horses go up and down while spinning around the central pole.
It is great fun to observe the model in motion, but if you are one of those people who like to see with their hands, you can rotate the Carousel manually. This will allow you to examine every detail in slow motion and give you a full comprehension of how the mechanism works.
Ugears Carousel is a perfect gift for someone who wants to turn away from daily stress and for a few hours feel the carefree magic of the fair. Put it together, wind it up and we guarantee you will hear that music, feel the buzzing atmosphere of the holiday fair, and remember how much joy it was to ride your favorite horse on its happy round and round trip!
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.