5Est. Time (hrs)
- Amazing 3D mechanical puzzle: how about designing the whole world with your own hands? Introducing the globe - a stylized model of the Earth with two sets of decorative continents, a twist mechanism and extra small satellites
- Fun and easy: As with other UGears wooden model kits, 3D puzzles for children and adults, assembling the mechanical globe puzzle is an exciting and joyful activity. No glue or additional tools are required
- Unique mechanism: the self-moving wooden globe puzzle is powered by a rubber tyre motor. Two interchangeable additional modules: Shuttle and Sputnik spin almost twice as fast as the globe
- Use smart gadgets: our modelling sets for adults and children can convince both adults and children that there is a fascinating world behind the scenes. Discover and learn the magic of mechanics alone or with others
- Smart gift and surprising decoration: use UGears 3D puzzles for adults to build fascinating mechanical toys and expand your collection. Let your loved ones enjoy mechanical wonders
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 184 parts
- Assembly time: 5 hours
- Model size 210x185x185mm
Ugears 3D puzzle Globe with removable modules – perfect gift for all
At Ugears, we like to think that each of our new models is a wonderful surprise and an amazing gift to anybody who loves beautiful mechanics. We want to give more with every model we invent. With this model, Ugears gives you – quite literally – the world. Presenting the Globus, your own world of mechanical marvels.
The Globus is a stylized model of Earth with a set of decorative continents, a rotating mechanism, and curious little extras that make the model even more interesting. All details are of high-quality plywood and pre-cut with a precise laser. No glue or additional tools are required to assemble your Globus.
The main module of the model is comprised of two parts: the globe and the platform with the mechanism. The sphere of the globe sits on an axle inclined along the same angle as the axis of the Earth. Like most Ugears models, the Globus is animated by means of a rubber-band motor. However, in this case, the motor uses a different type of winding method. A lever in the base pulled once clock-wise all the way willfully wind-up the mechanism. As soon as the lever is released, the gears begin their work. To slow down the spinning of the Earth sphere, the Globus employs a pendulum reduction mechanism. But if you want it to rotate even slower, you can manually turn the Globus and watch the continents float slowly by.
In addition to the main module, the model comes with two interchangeable extra-modules: the Shuttle and the Sputnik. Choose, which satellite you want to circle your Globus today, and set it on special support. The satellites are also powered by the rubber-band motor and connect to the main module via the planetary gearing. Due to this connection, the satellites rotate almost twice as fast as the globe and make almost two full spins in one pull of a winding lever.
The model is easy enough to assemble and very interesting to observe in motion. Unique mechanism and iconic design – all the signature features that make Ugears models a clever gift and the perfect decoration for any home or office.
The Globus from Ugears is the model you will want to return to again and again. Take your Globus from the shelf and dream about all those amazing places you plan to visit one day.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.