4Est. Time (hrs)
- ROLL UP YOUR SLEEVES, ASSEMBLE AND ENJOY: Similar to other UGears model kits and 3D puzzles for adults, this antique DIY wooden box is a building experience. Step by step, piece by piece you turn wood puzzles into an exquisite jewelry storage box
- QUALITY TIME: Build our 3D models and model building kits on your own or with your kids, friends or family. They are fun and easy to assemble wooden construction kit. No glue or extra tools are required
- EXQUISITE and SAFE STORAGE: Once assembled, this building kit, puzzle box for adults becomes an amazing, elegant chest for storing small miscellanea or jewellery. Six moving compartments will accommodate your treasures. The locking latch allows both secure storage and transportation
- COLLECTIBLE DÉCOR: Our 3D mechanical model with its unique mechanism is also a lovely decorative element for any home or office. Be the proud builder and owner of this wooden treasure box
- BRING JOY: Our vintage wood box/wooden puzzle box, jewellery container with exquisite floral carving with oriental elements will be an outstanding present for someone you care about. UGears construction kits bring happiness!
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 185 parts
- Assembly time: 4 hours
- Model size Open 280x220x200mm
- Model size Closed 175x140x100mm
Delicate, and beautiful, the Antique Box from Ugears is designed to keep your treasures safe – and to become a treasure of your collection.
The Antique box is a small handsome chest for storing small miscellanea or jewelry. However, this is a very dry and basic description of this beautiful mechanical model. What makes it stand out from many similar fancies?
The sides of the model are covered with exquisite floral carving with oriental elements. In addition to its beautiful design, it keeps more than one handsome secret, and one of them is a unique mechanism built in the Box.
Pull the upper lid to activate three main blocks: two of which are mirrored mechanisms on each side that move and turn the upper compartments. The third mechanical block moves the lower drawer in the middle of the Box. After this little mechanical waltzing, you will gain access to six compartments ready to accommodate your treasures.
But the story doesn’t end there – find two extra secret compartments by discovering and pushing the button concealed on the back side.
To make sure your treasures are secured we equipped the Antique Box with a locking latch. When the latch is closed you can transport your box, turn it around and upside-down without worrying if it will open and spill its contents.
This unique, useful and beautiful Antique Box will be a nice decorative element in any home or a beautiful present for someone you care for.
As with all Ugears models, The Antique box comes in plywood boards with pre-cut details that you will assemble with your own hands. The assembly process is simple and fun: everything you need to know to put the model together is in a detailed illustrated step-by-step instruction manual in 11 languages. It also doesn’t need any glue or additional tools for assembly.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.