4Est. Time (hrs)
- Wood Butterfly 3D Puzzle: Our wood butterfly 3D puzzle is great for fun and educational STEM learning that builds skills in both adults & children. Made with safe, premium quality wood that has grooved edges which makes It'safe for children and adults. The 3D wood puzzle is also perfect for displaying in a child bedroom, playroom, or study area.
- Having a Self-Propelled Rubber-Band Motor: Brought to life by a self-propelled rubber-band motor, this model moves to imitate the flutter and the flapping of wings of a real butterfly and doesn't need any external power source. It is also a great choice for decorations or ornaments in the living room, bedroom, coffee house, etc.
- Safe and Handcrafted Style: Our puzzle wooden components and the building is accessible for both kids & adults, do not require glue or special tools to be fully assembled and the wooden pieces will not harm your hand. This butterfly puzzle is the perfect size to display on a table, shelf, or showcase and safe for your kids.
- Stem Learning Toy Puzzle: Great toy when teaching insects to make it clear and easy to follow for kids. Building our wooden learning 3D puzzle will stimulate your kid's ability to plan and build their own structure like a true engineer. This wooden puzzle has a smooth and well-polished finish with no jagged edges.
- Smart and Elegant Design: The smart and elegant design ensures that your puzzle perfectly fits in your hands for play. The complexity of the wood puzzle will bring families together for hours to create and display in their homes. This model is perfect for anyone who enjoys woodworking. Building it with the family to complete can be more engaging and rewarding.
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 168 parts
- Assembly time: 4 hours
- Model size 360x580x580mm
Ugears wooden puzzle Butterfly — graceful mechanical DIY 3D puzzle
Fascinated by the unique synergy of nature and mechanics, Ugears continues to explore the amazing world of automatons and presents its latest mechanical pet, the Butterfly model.
The Butterfly is not a static stand model, but an animated kinetic sculpture. Each of its details designed to make sure it fits its own place and plays its own part in the workings of this outstanding mechanism. Equipped with a rubber-band motor, the mechanical automaton moves imitating the flutter of a butterfly with no external power source or batteries.
As with every model in the Ugears family, The Butterfly requires no glue or additional tools to assemble. You will build your new model out of ready-made details that come precisely pre-cut in high quality natural plywood boards. Slightly pushed, the details easily pop out of the board.
The assembly is constructed by blocks: initially, the details must be put together to form smaller blocks that in their turn will compose the whole model. The process of assembly is described in a comprehensive step-by-step instruction manual with detailed color illustrations, in 11 languages (English, German, French, Polish, Spanish, Ukrainian, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Chinese, and Korean). The size of the assembled model is 290 х 550 х 400 mm. The set includes 161 details.
The delicate wings of The Butterfly are made of craft paper. The lower wings change their tilt angle when the model is working to ensure that the movements of the automaton resemble those of a real butterfly. Two front pairs of its legs move while the wings flutter. The back pair of legs are used as launch/stop levers of the rubber-band motor. Your Butterfly comes with two sets of wings: a color one and a less bright, beige one, that you can paint as you like.
The Butterfly sits on a flower-shaped platform. The elastic support slightly bounces the model, making its movements more realistic so that The Butterfly dances and flutters in the air approaching the flower.
Ugears strives to share its knowledge and passion for smart mechanisms with children and adults, kids and parents. We want the complex and beautiful world of mechanics to become closer and more comprehensive. This is why the body of The Butterfly is designed in a skeleton-style, which allows you to see the working of gears and blocks inside and understand how the mechanism works.
This interesting and attractive model is fun to assemble, study, and play with. It can be a wonderful present to a friend, colleague or family member. The delicate iconic design from Ugears guarantees that your new model will look gorgeous in any home or office.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.