Modern Horse Mechanoid
Modern Horse Mechanoid
9Est. Time (hrs)
- Mechanical Wooden Kit: UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits. These designs inspire by real-life mechanisms. The team believes that building these beautiful working models should be fun. They have dedicated their engineering know-how, meticulous product testing and quality control to a single goal: Ensuring that the models provide an engaging and rewarding experience for the entire family.
- Steam-Powered Engine: The Horse Mechanoid is UGears first mechanical walking quadruped. Long before the electricity and steam-powered engines made a significant impact on society's progress, I used horses as the main transportation and hauling source. From very early on, in Ancient Greece, Japan, and China, inventors, inspired by the idea to enhance nature's most impeccable design with endurance and durability of the mechanisms, attempted to build various walking machines.
- Self-Propelled Mechanism: Combining the ingenuity of Leonardo DaVinci's inventions and innovative ideas of the modern world. To reincarnate those walking machines, UGears created the Horse Mechanoid. Like all UGears models, I built the mechanical Horse to move on its own, powered by a genuine self-propelled mechanism. However, there were challenges along the way of creating the Mechanoid and bringing it to perfection. While solving the problem of stability of moving construction, toy engineers.
- Unique Design: Following the anatomical specifics of actual horses, and to ensure that the Mechanoid's legs move like the ones of an actual horse, UGears designers implemented a claw mechanism. However, the moving element of the Horse Mechanoid is its rubber band mechanism, connected to the movable elements, besides a pendulum, in Mechanoid's chest. Escape from electronics and modern technologies and dive into the romantic, old-fashion fun of horse-back riding.
- Decroate Your Home and Oofice: The mechanical engineering kit design beautifully. The 3D wooden puzzle has decorative designs that look captivating in the finished product. Your guests will find it interesting and appealing with the entire setting and visible gear mechanism.
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 410 parts
- Assembly time: 9 hours
- Model size 350x290x125mm
3D wooden automaton Horse-Mechanoid – mechanical marvel by Ugears
Before the Age of Steam took over the world, drastically changing every sphere of human activity, the only reliable transport available to travellers had been strong and fast horses. Ugears looks away from high end technologies and ultrahigh-speed to appreciate the time of travelling by horse-back with a model joining nature and mechanics – the Bionic Horse.
Making the Horse quadrupedal was one of the project’s main challenges. In the walking mechanisms designed by many engineers before, stability of the moving construction was realized by means of additional extremities or other extra-supports. Ugears’ wizards have found a smarter way to achieve stability in motion. The absolutely unique mechanism of the model that makes your Horse a real quadruped is a brand new innovation developed by Ugears and presented for you to test for the first time ever.
The designers paid special attention to the anatomy of the animal’s legs to make sure that all the joints and movements closely resemble those of a real horse. To animate the legs the engineers implemented a claw mechanism.
The bionic heart of your horse is a pendulum installed in the chest of the mech. The oscillations of the pendulum slow the transmission of energy from the rubberband motor to the movable elements extending the working time of the mechanism.
The Bionic Horse won’t carry you over the horizon – the distance it can cover in one winding is quite limited. Although, it is enough to observe the work of the unique mechanism and enjoy the beauty of the mechanics of the model.
The mane and tail of the horse that are meant to flow in the wind are made of flexible rubber bands. When moving, the mechanoid shakes its head swaying its soft rubber mane.
Mechanical horse is a tribute to early automatons, the attempts to create a walking machine made by the Ancient Greeks, inventors of Japan and China, and Leonardo da Vinci himself. Let go of the rush and haste of modern times. Withdraw yourself from the race for some time to hop on the relaxing – but no less exciting! – stroll with the new Bionic Horse from Ugears!
The Ugears Horse-Mechanoid model kit is made of high grade wood and has everything you might need for assembly. The quality of the parts is top-notch: a laser method is used for cutting items from a plywood board that provides precise hairline cuts. The details have to be pulled out of the boards and assembled to create a complete model. Like all other Ugears models, the Horse-Mechanoid comes with step-by-step, full-color, truly easy to follow instructions in 11 languages (English, German, Ukrainian, French, Polish, Spanish, Russian, Turkish, Italian, Chinese and Korean) and requires neither glue nor special tools to be fully assembled into functional self-walking Horse.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.