15Est. Time (hrs)
- Aviator Wooden Model: The Aviator is a 3-in-1 wooden mechanical model, that is also a 3-D puzzle. After the assembly is complete, it becomes a fully functioning, hand-operating toy, suitable for both kids and adults.
- 3 Separate Modules: The flight control tower, the helicopter and the airplane; this model is brilliant for beginner pilots and for experienced old-timers. The control tower is used to launch and navigate aircraft, set them into roll and pitch modes and control speed and motion.
- Unique Design: The airplane module has a higher velocity and requires more skills to operate. It's designed base on a prototype of wire-braced airplanes, with a 5-piston motor, and may require a couple hours of flight training. Whichever wayward bird you fly, the Control Tower is your cockpit and the main navigation device.
- High-Performance Motor: Its high-performance motor powers the swash plate, with the attached bar, that is used to connect the airplane on one side and has a balance weight on the other. Get your flying helmet on… hold on to the wheel and get ready to become airborne.
- Easier to Control: Easier to control and manipulate. The helicopter has all the basic elements of a real aircraft: three-blade main and tail rotors, a cockpit with opening doors and a landing gear.
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 726 parts
- Assembly time: 15 hours
- Model size Console 420x340x310mm
- Model size Plane 145x120x80mm
- Model size Helicopter- 220x185x90mm
Ugears 3D DIY wooden brain teaser Aviator with two modules
Do you fly in your dreams? Do you like the feeling? Once again Ugears makes the dream come true reaching out to the sky with its first ever aircraft model represented by two flying machines in one package. Introducing – The Aviator model.
The model has three modules: the airplane, the helicopter and the flight control tower. Choose between your aircraft, set one on the tower’s bar and you are good to fly. As a beginner pilot you might want to start with the helicopter which is not as difficult to control as the airplane. Easier to manipulate but no less exciting, your chopper has a cockpit with doors that open and shut, and three-blade main and tail rotors.
The airplane has a higher velocity and requires a certain skill to operate. This module is based on the wire-braced biplane and has a 5 piston motor. To learn how to fly this wayward bird you may need several flight hours – but it is of course part of the fun! Besides, you would have already become acquainted with the basics if you started with the copter.
However, your cockpit is the control tower, a sophisticated device with a high-performance motor that powers the rotation of the swash plate with the bar – with an aircraft on one side and balance weight on the other.
The control tower is operated with two control bars:
- the control column regulates the roll and pitch of the flying machine;
- and the Motor controller to adjust RPM (revolutions per minute) sets the speed of the aircraft.
Fine tuning ensures the proper operation of the swash plate.
When all three units are assembled and you are ready to dive into the sky, it is time to wind up the motor. Make sure you don’t overextend the rubber bands in the motor – maximum winding must not exceed 25 half-turns. Hold on to the control column while releasing the Motor controller’s lock to launch your model.
Hang on to the wheel, throw caution to the wind, and fly – for the sky is the limit with your new Aviator model from Ugears.
The Ugears Aviator model kit is made of high grade wood and has everything you might need for assembly. The quality of the parts is top-notch: a laser method is used for cutting items from a plywood board that provides precise hairline cuts. The details have to be pulled out of the boards and assembled to create a complete model. Like all other Ugears models, the Aviator comes with step-by-step, full-color, truly easy to follow instructions in 11 languages (English, German, Ukrainian, French, Polish, Spanish, Russian, Turkish, Italian, Chinese and Korean) and requires neither glue nor special tools to be fully assembled into functional flying model.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.