6Est. Time (hrs)
- ALL IN THE DETAILS: Not only do the arch ballista and tower enjoy some wonderful wooden particularities that give a unique charm to the model, but we are sure any history passionate will be amazed by the mechanical accuracy of this set containing a ballista in miniature that can fire wood bolts.
- A FAMILY PROJECT: There is no better way to inspire your children to discover the wonders of history than with a DIY project that everybody can participate in. Teach your kids that learning is fun and spend quality time with them while building the arch ballista replica.
- A COMPLEX DESIGN: The UGears model comes with two parts, the actual arch ballista and the tower, yet we have incorporated many technical surprises like the fact that you can attach the firing module directly to the top of the tower. Don't also forget about the wooden details and the ivy-cloaked castle tower with a dragon model.
- NO GLUE REQUIRED: It is true that the 292 pieces are not for a beginner's level in terms of complexity, but we know that even the experienced model builders hate when creating replicas turns into a mess because of the adhesive. Luckily, our model doesn't require any glue, making it easier and safer to use.
- THE PERFECT PRESENT: For any history lover or child passionate about discovering the ancient military techniques, the UGears arch ballista and tower model is the ultimate present that will bring a smile on anybody's face and will be a real lesson of dexterity and engineering for the little ones.
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 292 parts
- Assembly time: 6 hours
- Model size Tower 153x95x96mm
- Model size Archbalist 90x81x142mm
Ugears 3D puzzle Archballista-Tower – perfect gift idea for all ages
Ugears goes romantically medieval and invites you to become a siegecraft expert with its new exciting model – Archballista and Tower. Inspired by the best examples of ancient artillery, legendary battles of the past re-enacted in films, books, and games, this model provides a new spin on the classic war machine to test you great conqueror’s skill.
Ugears’ new model consists of two parts: the siege machine itself and the mechanical tower. Both units are moveable and have plenty of articulated details.
The Ballista has two modules: the firing unit and the base. The base has adjustable legs stabilising the machine during firing. The firing unit – or the actual ballista – shoots wood bolts. The firing mechanism can shoot up to three bolts in a round.
Traverse and elevation mechanism enables the ballista to be set at the required angle in horizontal and vertical planes to ensure the best aim. The lever of the winding mechanism can be found on the right side of the model’s body. The same lever works as a trigger that launches your bolt at the target when the aiming is set.
The firing module can be detached from the base and mounted on the top of the Tower – the second part of the Ballista/Tower model.
The weapon created to demolish defence fortifications has been in use since antiquity. However, Ugears’ two-parts model refers to the medieval period which is clearly seen from its design, especially, the detail of the Tower. Decorated with delicate ornaments a classic ivy-cloaked castle tower with a heraldic gryphon/dragon on a coat of arms hides a few interesting constructional features: it is a Ugears model, which means that it cannot possibly be a static piece of wood. The gear on the side of the tower is a part of the mechanism that raises the second level revealing the spiral staircase and interior structure. The tower is completely extended when you can see the whole shield with a dragon that is set parallel to the tower’s wall. Aim your ballista to hit the shield and the second level will collapse, dropped by you mighty weapon.
The designers of the model gave the walls of the tower a partly ruined look – with missing bricks here and there – ensuring that you can observe and enjoy the work of the gears, inner frame and the complete clever mechanism.
Ugears Ballista and Tower model guarantees the most delightful medieval experience to brave conquerors that would dare to accept the challenge of assembling the traditional puzzle, using no glue or special tools – only their capable hands and a little bit of old mechanical magic. Unlike a real Middle Age siege that can hardly be family entertainment, Ugears model is designed to bring fun and good times, so we do encourage you to take your heirs on this journey.
Practice your aiming accuracy, take over the castle, dive into the romantic times of true chivalry and maybe save a damsel in distress with Ugears Ballista and Tower model.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.