5Est. Time (hrs)
- Memorable Keepsake Box – A true vintage style jewelry box, these DIY puzzle boxes feature an intricate Victorian English design with hidden key for discrete access
- Sustainable Wood Craftsmanship – These elegant wooden treasure boxes are crafted with premium plywood precisely cut to let you build this box model for lasting use
- Stunning Mechanical Treasure – Each small box is made of elaborate layers that lock together to create a functional model with embedded key hidden in the carved lid
- DIY Puzzle Kit – Originally on Kickstarter, our wood puzzle box will take 4-5 hours to snap together without glue or tools required; providing a lifetime of memories
- Beautifully Elegant Gift – UGears treasure boxes are a delicate, natural European creation that make wonderful birthday, anniversary, Christmas or “I Love You” gifts
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 190 parts
- Assembly time: 4-5 hours
- Model size 142x142x91mm
Ugears 3D wooden brain teaser Treasure Box
The true jewel of Ugears new collection of wooden models is an exquisite Mechanical Treasure Box for jewellery and notes. Mysterious and intriguing puzzle boxes, known in many cultures and especially popular in Victorian England, could not pass by our attention. Beautiful recognizable Ugears design and traditional step-by-step puzzle give you the Treasure Box – delight to the eye and food for brain.
The delicate through-carved work of its lid and sides invites you to gain a glimpse into the mystery that the moving gears conceal. Although only the one who can solve the secrets of the puzzle-box will get to enjoy the treasure of beautiful mechanics in its action.
One would imagine that in order to open the box, we’d need a key – and the key is right there, beautifully embedded in the carved lid. All you need to do to take it out is to slightly turn the key clockwise. Although, getting the key is only a part of the puzzle. To set the gears in motion, before taking the key out, you want to unblock the mechanism that lifts the lid by turning the key counter-clockwise.
Intricate layered through-carved design of the box allows you to observe the work of gears while solving your puzzle step by step.
When all the secrets are revealed and the box is opened, inside you will find a small compartment for jewellery, notes and other small items. Ugears Mechanical Treasure Box set can become a perfect present on its own or – assembled by you – to contain a mysterious gift for your loved ones within.
You may be sure, your treasures and secrets are safe with the new Ugears Mechanical Box like in your own home vault box.
The kit has all you need for assembly: a set of high-quality plywood boards with precisely cutout parts, full-color, detailed step by step, truly easy to follow instructions and several spare parts inside. The model is made of a high quality plywood tested in European laboratories and also approved for use in the production of furniture for children. No glue and special tools are needed for putting the model together. You can assemble it at home on the table. Fits together like a puzzle without glue or special tools or even toothpicks thanks to Ugears’ patented plywood joints.
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.