Steam Locomotive With Tender
Steam Locomotive With Tender
11Est. Time (hrs)
- The UGears 460 Locomotive with Tender combines all of the technical and artistic innovations that builders have come to appreciate in the other Ugears models and takes them a step beyond.
- Richly detailed with an eye toward realism and romance, our version of this indelible symbol of 19th century technology and adventure captures the imagination of all who see it. It's no wonder it was such a hit during our Kickstarter campaign.
- It brings unforgettable times of working together on projects that are engaging for people of all ages. Video will give you a quick overview of our model.
- The UGears 460 Locomotive with Tender is an original and welcome gift.
- You need no glue to put UGears models together, which makes watching it working and moving even more exciting.
- Kit contains all required components and no glue is required
- Precision laser cut plywood. Only requires assembly.
- UGears Mechanical Models are self-propelled, mechanical wooden model assembly kits.
- Perfect for family projects, puzzle enthusiasts, and hands-on STEM learning
- 443 parts
- Assembly time: 10-12 hours
- Model size 680x102x132mm
Ugears self-propelled wooden 3D puzzle Locomotive with Tender
The UGEARS 460 Locomotive with Tender combines all of the technical and artistic innovations that builders have come to appreciate in our other models and takes them a step beyond. Richly detailed with an eye toward realism and romance, our version of this indelible symbol of 19th century technology and adventure captures the imagination of all who see it. It’s no wonder it was such a hit during our Kickstarter campaign.
Our locomotive is driven by rubber bands and a gear array instead of superheated steam, but otherwise its main mechanism looks and operates very much like that of a real steam engine. Up close you can see working asynchronous pistons and valves that transfer power to the locomotive’s drive wheels through a moving system of rods, linkages and cranks.
Small touches like a fully detailed engineer’s cab with retractable step ladder, art-deco boiler trim, and open-up Tender with coal doors complete this beautiful reminder of a bygone era. The UGEARS 460 Locomotive with Tender is our largest, most complex model to date; yet thanks to our patented plywood joint design and rigorous engineering and quality control process, a hobbyist can complete this model in a single sitting. Like all other UGEARS models, the Locomotive with Tender comes with step-by-step, full-color, truly easy to follow instructions.
Self-assembly; No glue required
Ready to Build
Ugears models are made from sustainably sourced, laser cut plywood sheets. Everything you need is inside the box, so you can get building right away.
No batteries, no electricity, just Ugears. All mechanical models are powered by the ingenious mechanisms built by you. Just wind up your model and watch it come to life.
Pieces have been designed so they will either click or slide into place. No glue or any other kind of adhesive is needed to build your model.
Models take inspiration from real life inventors and engineers, such as Da Vinci and Galileo. Learn the history behind the model as you build.